Girls Sections across Staffordshire
FAO: All Girls’ sections across North Mids & Staffs:
I hope that you’ve had a great first couple of months playing rugby! I hope that you have found that your girls have had the opportunity to play in all sorts of rugby activity so that they’ve have had a good choice of competitive and development opportunities. In the calendar there was due to be a Pitch Up and Play Festival at Birmingham Exiles this Sunday. If you are still interested in attending, please can you confirm TODAY what numbers you will be bringing and at which age-groups. If we don’t have sufficient interest then Exiles will run a local club event for new girls.
In the New Year, I will be looking to populate the calendar with activity across the dates that focus on Festivals. This is an opportunity for the below activity:
· Regional wide Pitch Up and Play events (hosts required and funding available. CRCs available dependent on activity and numbers)
· County / Cluster-wide Pitch Up and Play events (hosts required and funding available)
· Local cluster matches (local teams work together to play in mini-tournaments and focus on game time)
At the Regional Pitch Up and Play events we will require the host club to:
· Provide 2 pitches (dependent on numbers) usually from 12.30pm
· Provide changing facilities
· Organise physio / First Aid Cover
· Organise food for numbers attending
· Organise club or local refs if there is to be game-time during the event
England Rugby will:
· Fund the attending Physio
· Fund the Food
· Fund any refs expenses
· Provide CRC delivery if relevant and enough numbers
If you are keen to host on 15th Feb; 29th March or 26th April, then please let me know. I have taken the decision to remove the festival that was highlighted for 25th January as the month post-Christmas should all be about local activity between the clubs. If you need any support with that then please contact me and/or your local Rugby Development Officer.
Congratulations on the new girls’ teams that have been created this season so far! Lichfield U13s, Worcester U13s, Birmingham Exiles Girls, Leek U13s and Warley Girls. If you haven’t already registered as a side, please do so using the below link. I have also included a link to the Girls Fixture Exchange group on Facebook that you might also find useful when organising fixtures and events.
The next stages of the Cup will be confirmed by the end of the week. For those not in the cup or who aren’t progressing on to the next round, I will provide a list of contacts in the New Year for you to organise local level fixtures and round robin tournaments amongst yourselves if you so wish. I know that some clubs found the Cup round robins to be a very useful format and have since continued them.
Have a great Christmas everyone and see you in the home World Cup Year!!