New - England Rugby Coaching & refereeing award
From July 1st 2017 the current RFU Coaching Children Rugby Union (Level 1) and Coaching the 15 a Side Game (Level 2) will be replaced by a single coaching award, the England Rugby Coaching Award. The current Refereeing the 15 a Side Game (Level 2) course will be replaced by a new refereeing course - the England Rugby Refereeing Award.
The new coaching award will be relevant for coaches working with U9 players and upwards and will be supported by a suite of CPD and Foundation courses to help develop coaches working with players of all ages.
The new refereeing award is aimed at those refereeing in the 15 a side game (U14+).
About the new England Rugby Coaching and Refereeing Awards
- The single coaching award will be a Level 2 qualification, which qualifies coaches to lead sessions – the previous Level 1 award qualified participants to assist other coaches. The course content and tasks on the course will be relevant to the age group the coach works with
- The new refereeing award becomes an accredited Level 2 qualification
- The Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Refereeing Children (Level 1) course will remain
- Participation in Rugby Ready and Scrum Factory will no longer be mandatory pre requisites for attendance on the coaching course, helping savings in cost and time to the coach
- From 1st July 2017 Game Development will take the lead on the delivery of the RFU Safeguarding courses, 'Play it Safe' and 'In Touch.' Courses will be planned and delivered using the existing CPD and Foundation course protocols including candidates booking on via the online booking system
- 2017/18 Course Costs (including VAT):
- England Rugby Coaching Award - £150
- England Rugby Refereeing Award - £75
- Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Refereeing Children - £15
- CPD/Foundation Courses - £15
- Safeguarding - Play it Safe – £15
- Emergency First Aid in Rugby Union - £50
- Rugby Union in Secondary Schools - £40